I found apparently the cheapest 8800 GTX

Shadowcra 17:45 17 Nov 06

Hey guys,

Few days ago I bought the amazing 8800 GTX, and I LOVE IT!! :D
The cheapest I found is click here".
I bought it and it arrived super quick, it's a MUST HAVE graphic card! :D

Hope this helps guys!

By the way, if you're upgrading, upgrade all the way to the GTX..! Worths every penny!

gudgulf 17:58 17 Nov 06

Looks a good price for one of those..............wonder if they'll do an AGP version so I can fit one in my pc,lol.

Shadowcra 18:19 17 Nov 06

Nah, the world is continuing to the PCI-Express, worth a new motherboard for this monster :)

citadel 19:09 17 Nov 06

there are more cards coming in feburary so the price will drop. there will probably be no dx10 agp cards as agp is too slow.

gudgulf 22:04 17 Nov 06

Errrrrr.....I WAS joking.

My AGP Gainward 7800GS+ (really a full on 7900GT) will do me for now.

The masterplan is to use an ASROCK dual AGP/PCI-e cheapo mobo with a Core2 Duo and transfer my AGP card to that.

Then add a DirectX 10 super-card separately...then a better mobo/new case etc to move fully over to the new technology (and allow for a quad core cpu upgrade)

THAT way it gets past my wifes budget constraints in that I don't need to build a complete new pc in one expensive go (as much as I'd like to!).

Shadowcra 22:55 17 Nov 06

That's what I did, every time I had some money, and I could afford a part, I would have bought a new part..

tammer 23:07 17 Nov 06

Yes, that's a bargain for sure (ahem).

alan2273 23:16 17 Nov 06

Why pay over £400 for a card that will only use about 30% of its capabilities ?.

De Marcus™ 23:24 17 Nov 06

Strange, am I the only one to think this thread spam? Especially as the exact same message is posted to more than thread...

De Marcus™ 23:24 17 Nov 06

more than >ONE< thread

gudgulf 23:40 17 Nov 06

"Why pay over £400 for a card that will only use about 30% of its capabilities ?"

Please explain yourself.....reviews on this card show that there are a number of games out there now where 100% of this cards awesome capabilities are still not enough.

And we haven't even got to DirectX10 games!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now