i dont understand, CARRERAS, still advertising etc

Linda Weir 10:50 06 Aug 05

I love my carreras computer , bought on pc advisor advice. but there was a lotof heartache with them, ist computer sent for christmas didn't work - replaced in feb.didn't have an apology. then they are supposed to have gone banckrupt and the the support package reneged on. then money to watford electronics for a lesser support.( four years support sold originally) support line not really wanting to talk to you. Now you are recommending them. they are advertising for sale and support as of june 05. what has happened and is my support now alive again. I was looking to buy another computer for my family and spotted the advert.

i am amazed and of course would like to follow your advice here but what gives re. Carreras

linda weir

Joe R 10:56 06 Aug 05

GREENFUSE1,

Carrera is now part of Watford Electronics, who can now sell under this name.

joesoaps 16:00 06 Aug 05

As Joe R has said the Carrera name has been taken over by Watford Electronics who sell computers under both the Carrerea and Aries brand names.Problem is Carrera had developed such a bad name,having gone bust more than once,that I think Watford are brave taking the action they have.

What I do consider to be ridiculous is that in their adverts for Carrera they claim "Respected PC manufacturer since 1993"seeing as Carrera went bust more than once in that period,leaving many people with useless warranties and other associated problems,then they must be taking the mickey.

Wonder if anyone will be brave enough to take on the Time/Tiny name as I am sure the receivers will be trying to sell that one too.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…