I cant order from EBuyer

tonyuk72 13:29 18 Dec 04

I attempted to order from EBuyer. At the final stages I was asked to login. Unable to do this "Forgot Details" I decided to register again. As my address is already registered it wont let 2 of the same address.

The login assistant is happy to help me recover my details, but unfortunately it asks for the last eight digits of a previously used credit card, you guessed it I can't remember.

You have to log in to use Enotes, so at this moment in time it appears my only option is to use snailmail and request they reset my details.

I would be greatful if anyone could help eg a direct e-mail addy or telephone number etc.

pj123 13:44 18 Dec 04

Seems quite simple to me. I just tried it and assumed I don't remember anything. I just followed the prompts and have now logged in to "My Account".

I didn't get asked for any "last eight digits"

But if you have a new card you can always ask your bank/card issuer for your last card number.

tonyuk72 13:52 18 Dec 04

Thanks PJ. I have only used ebuyer once in the past. To login you need three pieces of information 1. Username, 2. E-mail Address & 3. Password. I have tried all remembered combinations. I have established that I have the e-mail address correct as it will allow me to use the login assistant, it's at this point it asks for the credit card details. I don't keep records beyond 18 months and must assume it has been this long since I used them.

......PJ, would you consider sending an enote on my behalf?

pj123 14:31 18 Dec 04

Yes, I will send an enote on your behalf. But it won't always work because having done this for others they won't talk to me because I am not the account holder.

Unfortunately, Ebuyer is one of those companies who do not like buyers to know who they are.

They don't give out telephone numbers or even valid UK addresses.

I will post a new thread in the Consumerwatch Forum about this.

email me via the envelope.

tonyuk72 14:37 18 Dec 04

Thank-you PJ. I have sent you an e-mail, and you are quite right. This is certainly an issue that they need to look into as it is preventative to old customers.

Regards
Tony

tonyuk72 13:01 19 Dec 04

Problem Solved.

I went back to the login assistant but this time I entered a different piece of information. It generated different security questions which didn't ask for previous credit card details. It then sent me an email which clarified my username & allowing me to rechoose a password.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…