I bought a canon recommended by editor on PCA

gudda96 14:51 10 Feb 07

based on a high rating by editor, I bought a Canon 3 in 1 and I am very happy with it BUT unless its me?
I think the ink is scandulous.

It seems to be around the £18 on most sites

Its the canon Pixma MP160, anyone got cheaper sites, I used to use Choice Statioery but they are dear also.

Jackcoms 15:30 10 Feb 07

Buy compatible ink from Choice.

You'll find them hard to beat on price

gudda96 15:35 10 Feb 07

Jackcoms

I have just visited Choice and found it dear, do you think I have gone straight to Original instead of compatable?

Totally-braindead 15:36 10 Feb 07

You should have checked the price of the carts before purchase you know.
I did this when I bought my Epson all in one, went and bought it never even considered the price of cartridges, really I should have known better. Anyway the carts originally were very dear, the printer had not been out long but a couple of months down the line they were much more reasonable, hopefully the same will happen with you.
This any use click here can't say how good the company is never used them just did a search

pj123 16:18 10 Feb 07

Choice do not appear to be doing compatibiles for the Canon MP160 yet. So the prices you have seen are for original Canon cartridges.

pj123 16:18 10 Feb 07

Choice do not appear to be doing compatibiles for the Canon MP160 yet. So the prices you have seen are for original Canon cartridges.

pj123 16:31 10 Feb 07

This place seems to be doing compatibles but the price difference isn't much.

Is this a new printer. If so it will take about 6 months or so before compatibles become widely available.

click here

spuds 18:20 10 Feb 07

This company click here do a very good range of compatibles, but the MP160 seems to be unlisted, but they have other MP types.

Have a browse, and if you find nothing drop them an email,they seem to expand their cartridge range often.

beeuuem 20:45 10 Feb 07

It appears the MP 160 cartridge contains an printhead.
click here
seems to offer an alternative which is cheaper.
I have no idea how good or bad this alternative or company may be.

goffer23 23:57 12 Feb 07
  Z1100 00:34 13 Feb 07

their ink is Cheap! I used to think HP were the best on the planet but the cost of ink is just not worth it. Even if they do have a brand new print head in every cartridge. So, it's £5.00 Epson ink for me (and a printer of course).

Hanx!
K

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac