I am in the money

iscanut2 14:54 PM 12 Jun 11

Just had an email telling me that a lottery ticket allocated to me in the Brazilian 2014 Football World Cup promotion gas won me £800,000 !!! All I have to do is reply to an email address with all my particulars and the money is mine. I know what I shall do...how many others of you have been so lucky? BEWARE.

lotvic 16:27 PM 12 Jun 11

They are a pain, mine hasn't arrived yet....

Shall I wait until I get the 2018 FIFA World Cup™ and 2022 FIFA World Cup™ scam email? I think it's got a bigger prize ;P

Read about FIFA World Cup email scams (and for noobies please don't respond to the email - just delete it)

CaseSensitive 16:47 PM 12 Jun 11

Sadly there are still people who are taken in by these scams.

I guess that all we can do is continue to highlight them in the hope that as time goes by fewer people remain ignorant of these wiseboys.

chub_tor 20:08 PM 12 Jun 11

Only £800K, that's peanuts compared to the millions I have on hold for me in Nigeria if I just send them my bank details so they can transfer it to me.

woodchip 21:56 PM 12 Jun 11

don't forget to give them your bank details, or you will not get the money. PS I am using Dragon naturally speaking for this message, just getting into the hang of it.

Forum Editor 22:39 PM 12 Jun 11

It really isn't worth spending a millisecond of time discussing this kind of thing. Millions of these emails are sent out every week, the internet is awash with them.

I suggest that you delete them on sight, as most people do.

iscanut2 13:19 PM 13 Jun 11

FE Agreed,but there is no harm in bringing these to attention now and again as some people do get taken in. If you do not want to waste a millisecond discussing it, then don't but let us decide whether to or not !

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 4 UK release date, price and specs: Thinner, lighter, faster with new Type Cover and Pen

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Territory delivers realistic NASA screens for The Martian - as they will be in 20 years time

21 brilliant tips for Mac OS X El Capitan: The best new Mac features in OS X 10.11