I am looking for reputable laptop repair companies

J.one 10:44 09 Jul 06

Could anyone help me? I purchased an Acer Ferrari 3000 approximately 1.5 years ago in South Africa. 2 of the 4 USB ports stopped working, where the laptop was replaced immediately. 8 months later the laptop was overheating and the LCD display went blank. The unit was collected, repaired and returned the same day. Total charge = 169.00 ZAR (approx. = £14.08)- That's what I Call Service!
I am now residing in the UK and the unit has done the same. I am trying to locate a reputable repair centre, that is not going to charge extortionate prices.
I would expect a diagnostic and quote prior to repair, free of charge. As I have received in the past. Preferrably in the Glasgow region.

Totally-braindead 10:51 09 Jul 06

I hope someone else can help you but personally I don't think anyone here in the UK will look at it and quote for free as time is money and you didn't buy the laptop from them.
If you a buy a laptop from a shop/company quite often they will look at it for free, considering it customer service perhaps, but considering you bought it in another country I don't know if you would get anyone to look at it for free.
Good luck anyway.

spuds 11:03 09 Jul 06

Getting it checked over for free, or even contacting Acer isn't going to come cheap. As a suggestion, why not contact the nearest university or college in the Glasgow region, perhaps even the students union,they may have a list of reliable laptop repairers.

martjc 12:39 10 Jul 06

...there aren't many people north of Watford who are prepared to even try to repair them. That said, there are a number of places who will pick up, repair and return via courier - but most quote a 'repair price' of about £100, without even looking at the job.

martjc 12:46 10 Jul 06

...laptopsrepair.co.uk
laptoprepair.co.uk
laptechsolutions.co.uk
laptopbits.co.uk

namtas 14:07 10 Jul 06

>>there aren't many people north of Watford who are prepared to even try to repair them>> Your links do not work and your statement! well it was meant as joke wasn't it?.

ezypcy 15:46 10 Jul 06

The links do work south of London if you remember
to type in 'www.' before the web address!!!!!

Wake up and pay attention,please.
Is the on/off button on the side of the laptop?

Woolwell 17:37 10 Jul 06

Acer's own repair centre is on the outskirts of Plymouth. Give them a call and see what they say - you can always say no if it is too expensive or too difficult.

click here;jsessionid=F49CF381959BEF5293C29A9B9E6144B1?sp=page74&UserCtxParam=0&GroupCtxParam=0&dctx1=17&CountryISOCtxParam=UK&LanguageISOCtxParam=en&crc=2553782219

Woolwell 17:38 10 Jul 06

OK click here didn't work - look under Aer UK's site and support options.

wee eddie 18:26 10 Jul 06

I think that you should any repair to take at least 28 working days.

e.g. 5-6 weeks as regardless of any costs involved, it is unlikely that any spare parts required will be in stock and, if available at all, will need to be sent from somewhere in the Far East.

Forum Editor 18:58 10 Jul 06

and belatedly I'm moving it across.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…