Humax Recorder

flycatcher1 10:40 AM 02 Aug 12

Is there anyone on the Forum with a Humax Hard Disc Recorder?

I have a problem and Humax are unable to help. I set the machine to record the preamble to the Olympics opening ceremony and the following actual event. Only the first programme recorded.

Distaff was not happy and I may be looking for a Best Man at my Divorce if an answer cannot be found.

onthelimit1 10:46 AM 02 Aug 12

Not an answer, but to save the marriage, have you had a look on the BBC iPlayer

dms_05 13:58 PM 02 Aug 12

I have a Humax 9300 and have suffered exactly the same problem when trying to record consecutive programmes on the same BBC channel. You are quite right - Humax don't have a clue why and seem to think it's a bug not worth fixing.

My solution is to record such events on my Sky+ box that doesn't suffer the same problem. Not much help to you I guess.

If your particular Humax model allows it: you could set up such recordings manually (a la VHS tape) and have one recording covering the two time periods. Not perfect but a work around.

The whole opening sequence was covered by a very big crew and will be available on DVD very soon and it is likely to be a lot more comprehensive than the BBC coverage. Probably the best solution of all!

feb 15:36 PM 02 Aug 12

Have you got channels with "8oo" numbers? These are duplicate channels from alternate transmitters. You may need to do a manual tune.

flycatcher1 16:37 PM 02 Aug 12

feb,dms05 and onthelimit1. Thank you your prompt responses. I will look at all suggestions but I am pleased that it is the Humax and not me. I appreciate the iPlayer and the programme is being repeated on 18 August but I think that looking for the Dvd is the best option.

I do hope that a programme is produced describing exactly how all the effects were produced - we found the whole effort First Class.

interzone55 22:03 PM 02 Aug 12

If it's a Freesat recorder Humax have had loads of problems reported about them not being able to record the temporary Olympics channels.

I've got a Humax freeview recorder and not had any problems recording consecutive channels that I recall - It's a PVR 9300T

SimpleSimon1 15:07 PM 04 Aug 12

I've got a HDR-FOX-T2 but since I've not tried recording any Olympics (other than the Opening ceremony), can't say I've seen any problems. Suggest a visit to where the Humax geeks and modders hang out. They're a friendly bunch and there's not much they don't know about current Humax problems and possible solutions.

Good luck

ened 07:08 AM 06 Aug 12

I've had a HDR-FOX-T2 since last year and have found it to be a great bit of kit.

However I too had a problem with the opening ceremony. I had set it to record the whole thing from 21:30 onwards and in the 'Media' menu it stated that the recording was 200+ minutes long. So there we were watching it when it suddenly ended.

I have deleted it now but I think it stopped after two and a half hours. This would mean it stopped recording at Midnight. This is significant because I seem to remember that some comments had been made about it not recording through the end of a day. I thought they had issued a patch to correct this but it is the only explanation I can think of.

By the way: does anybody know if there is a way to turn Auto-updating off on this model?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best Black Friday deals 2015 live blog: Best UK Black Friday weekend deals & best UK Cyber Monday…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The best Black Friday Deals for designers and artists – updated

20 Mac Power User Tricks... That You Didn't Know