humax freesat hd box

frankie 12:38 20 Dec 08

humax freesat hd box,treated myself to this new box of tricks,set it up scanned for channels,however it only finds 1 hd channels thats the bbc one,is that all thats on freesat in hd? anyone know,i thought you could get a itv and channel 4 in hd?

The Brigadier 13:45 20 Dec 08

May have something to do with your main aerial not being in the right position.
Or getting a strong enough signal, some need a booster or bigger aerial.

Monoux 13:47 20 Dec 08

see click here for more info

hssutton 14:20 20 Dec 08

Could it that at this time there are very few HD broadcasts availably.

I have also just installed the Humax (Friday) and get the same as you. To be quite honest I cannot see any difference between the upscaled standard broadcasts and the BBC2 HD transmissions.

frankie 16:03 20 Dec 08

many thanks all for looking,that enlightens me,

Stuartli 19:53 22 Dec 08

There are an ever increasing number of HD broadcasts on Freesat on both BBC and ITV - remember that ITV's HD content, it has declared, unlike that of the BBC, will never become available on Sky.

Stuartli 11:22 23 Dec 08

>>No doubt sometime in the future you'll be withdrawing that statement.>>

Why would I wirhdraw that statement?

It was made by ITV..:-)

Forum Editor 18:53 23 Dec 08

that its HD content will not be available on SKY, but experience has taught me never to say 'never'.

My Freesat box offers me both BBC and ITV HD content. Are you using a new satellite dish, and if so, did you set it up yourself?

Stuartli 19:14 23 Dec 08

ITV announcers keep saying to "Press the red button" (on the remote control) if a programme is also being transmitted in high definition.

Jim Thing 19:54 23 Dec 08

I've been using a Humax Freesat HD box for two or three months and the only HD broadcasts I've found are those from the Beeb.

There is an HD channel called Luxe among the non-Freesat channels that can be received via the same dish/LNB combination but its content doesn't interest me. Similarly I haven't managed to catch an HD programme on ITV yet, but then I don't watch ITV very often.

Altogether I'd have to say that the apparent lack of progress in adding new HD channels is disappointing, but on the other hand the Beeb did broadcast the Olympics, Wimbledon, etc. in HD and the picture quality was outstanding.

Roll on Channel 4HD and the rest!

Graham. 17:25 25 Dec 08

Luxe HD is on 5778 on non-freesat, but as stated, its appeal is limited.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

New MacBook Pro 2017 release date, UK price and tech specs: Kaby Lake MacBook Pro to launch in…