//some 3rd party need geo

Hughes Direct and CityLink — great service

Jim Thing 22:18 21 Dec 05

Last Friday evening (Dec 16th) I ordered the Humax 9200T PVR via Amazon's website; the supplier was to be Hughes Direct, in Suffolk. Amazon confirmed my order the following day and said that Hughes would ship the unit on Dec 20th.

On Monday Dec 19th, however, the Amazon website's order-progress thingy was quoting delivery between Dec 27th and Jan 6th, so I e-mailed Hughes to ask for clarification; my e-mail was timed at 11:06. Within minutes I had a detailed reply from Hughes, timed at 11:07(!!), stating that the unit would be despatched via CityLink on Dec 20th. It was delivered to me here in Northern Ireland at 2:15pm on Tuesday Dec 21st (and worked perfectly straight out of the box, by the way — it's a nice piece of kit).

Hughes Direct and CityLink gave first-class service, kept me fully informed throughout and were a pleasure to do business with. In my opinion internet shopping doesn't get much better than this.

Season's Greetings to FE, PCA staff and all forumites, and sincere thanks for a great magazine and forum.

Jim.

Stuartli 11:05 22 Dec 05

Now you know why I keep recommending Humax products in the forums...:-)

spuds 19:11 22 Dec 05

I have regular deliveries by CityLink, but what some people may not know, CityLink do deliver for other courier companies. So the transit of the goods may have involved another courier party.Whatever the case,CityLink as always been tops for me.But I would say that, the local drivers and myself are now on first name terms :o)

Mikè 21:23 22 Dec 05

"Hughes Direct...... gave first-class service"

Yes and all this despite are web servers and corpororate Epos/intranet network being down for the bulk of the week. This as a result of the Hemel Hempstead oil depot fire, you can imagine the problems with 35 retail branches and a busy web sales site.

Jim Thing 21:48 22 Dec 05

That's an impressive performance by any standards.

I'd better tick the box now in case anyone thinks I'm on Hughes' PR staff :-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…