Huge problems with Lycos Hosting

MAF1968 10:05 16 Mar 04

I've had ongoing problems with Lycos web domain hosting for the last 2 months. The auto renewal of my hosting package failed because my credit card details on file were out of date. Instead of contacting me the suspended my whole account stopping email and web access to both domain names I have registered, even though one was fully paid up.
I eventually managed to update my card details with them after a month of trying and pay the outstanding amount, but they still haven't reinstated the domains. Their customer support is terrible as they keep telling me they will fix it and nothing happens. They won't put me through to a manager as "they are too busy" and I'm now at a loss as to what to do. I can't register the domains with somebody else as Lycos still have them and I can't use them due to their incompetance!

AndySD 10:25 16 Mar 04

I had trouble moving a domain name and eventually used nominet click here but it was a last resort if you wish to move them to another isp contact the isp you wish to use they may well be able to do this for you. Otherwise just keep on plugging away at Lycos.

You may well still have to pay Lycos the full ammount of the contract even if you move to another isp.

underworldmagic 10:26 16 Mar 04

hi,

i have been using oneandone.co.uk for my hosting for about 2 years now, and there are no glitches. you may have seen their adverts in pc advisor magazines.

when you purchase a .com domain you buy it for one year and .co.uk is for two years. i dont think you should have any problem tranfering your domain to another provider. try transfering with oneandone.co.uk

they are very good.

MAF1968 10:58 16 Mar 04

I tried to transfer to oneandone but apparently the domain is in "redemption" and they can't touch it.

AndySD 14:18 16 Mar 04

Found this click here

Try contacting Nomonet click here and ask them.

Mainframe Dinosaur 15:05 22 Jun 05

I have Lycos Premiummail with my own domain name. When it came up for renewal this year they took the money as usual but then I got a note from Network Solutions that my domain name registration was about to expire.

I forwarded this to Lycos support who said that there was nothing to worry aabout as they were just changing to United Domains.

Guess what - My domain stopped working and it took 20 days and premium rate phone calls threatening Trading Standards to get it going again. I am most unimpressed.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Gear VR vs. Daydream: Which delivers the best VR experience?

Best Mac antivirus 2017