http://3laptops.com/

pc_lover 22:54 16 Nov 05

Has anyone heard of this? They claim to give a laptop in exchange for $10 and then clicking on links on emails. It sounds too good to be true. Has anyone had any experience of them?

Diodorus Siculus 08:27 17 Nov 05

"too good to be true" - you said it yourself!

I've not heard of this one but plenty of similar ones. It's not going to happen.

keewaa 08:48 17 Nov 05

Haven't heard of it. I have heard of "Make a million in a week", "Drugs cheaper than precription", "Free £60 if you email x 10", "We need your bank details to verify your account", "click here for an unbelievable offer" ....... and so on . This one just seems another in the long line of wreck your computer, steal your identity or steal your money scams.

Dan the Doctus 15:17 17 Nov 05

click here for a 'satisfied' customer.

Stuartli 18:33 17 Nov 05

There are many schemes of this type hawked in the States.

elliottw 22:23 10 Dec 05

3 Laptops is a SCAM- !!!SCAM!!! !!!DONT SIGN UP!!!

Do not pay $10.00 for nothing!
3laptops (click here) does not work it simply robs $10 of you and then does not give you anything.

When one person claims for a laptop or they get found out they close the site down!

It used to be called click here type it in and you are forwaded to 3laptops.

ezlpatops shut down after it was found it was a scam and after robbing enough money it will close and start 6 months later again!

!!!IT IS A SCAM DO NOT SIGN UP!!!

Diodorus Siculus 22:28 10 Dec 05

elliottw

Is that experience talking?

PaulB2005 00:17 11 Dec 05

Look at that thread again. Note the Whois info mainly consists of "NA" against any important identifying data. Now read click here

mjsotak 15:45 19 Nov 08

ABSOLUTE SCAM. I BOUGHT THE ADDRESS TO THE WEB SITE FROM E BAY. THEN JOINED FOR $10.00 AND READ E-MAILS FOR 1 1/2 YEARS TO ACCUMULATE POINTS FOR TO BUY A LAPTOP FOR $10.00. THE CHOICES WERE FOR SONY, GATEWAY AND DELL. ALL HAD DIFFERENT POINT REQUIREMENTS. THE WEB SITE SHUT DOWN AND NOW THE DOMAIN NAME IS FOR SALE.
DO NOT GET INVOLVED, NOT ONLY DOES 3 LAPTOPS SCAM YOUR MONEY, THEY SCAM YOU TIME BY HAVING YOU VIST THE SITE FREQUENTLY TO READ E-MAILS FOR THE POINTS. ALL FOR NOT.

Stuartli 18:20 19 Nov 08

Some of us worked it out in somewhat quicker time than three years - about three seconds actually...:-)

JStull8454 15:37 05 Dec 08

so u think I can get my 10dollars back

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…