HTPC-GUYS = desktop option = pcoption

ksas77 08:22 18 Sep 09

for those searching for a HTPC- please keep this in mind- do careful research please please please

OTT_Buzzard 10:57 18 Sep 09

What makes you think that HTPC Guys and Desktop Option are related to oneanother? A quick check isn't showing anything to indicate that.

ksas77 11:07 18 Sep 09

Hi there- let me just say have had a similar experience to some other people but thanks to this wonderful website avoided losing a grand. I advise anyone thinking of using said people, check the address, the company number with company house, the registered adress and it is one and the same. Indeed the invoice of this company (HTPC Guys) came up on my bank statement as Desktop option ltd- this a BIG indication- a quick check and lots of reading of the forums on here saved me. I want to thank this website and the posters- these type of websites are invaluable

ksas77 11:17 18 Sep 09

just found the previous thread with the address of PC options click here

check out the first comment- check the address against HTPC guys. Also check the website look of desktop options and htpc guys

I almost got suckered in without this place- thanks again

ksas77 22:19 18 Sep 09

They may not have included past companies but you can see what he is doing. I don't want to go too much into detail about what happened in my case, needless to say some if the same tactics were used, i just managed to find out before anything was delivered, and when I put 2 and 2 together with contact problems etc was able to cancel and get a refund. But this is the same person running a very similar operation under an address that previously he has been evicted/moved on from. People should know about this, even if they wish to continue to buy. I'm not on here to stop anyone from purchasing from this company, all I wish to do is that others are aware if the owners history

Picklefactory 23:21 18 Sep 09

Thank you very much for the info.

lotvic 21:30 19 Sep 09

thanks

Spark6 09:44 20 Sep 09

Despite OTT_Buzzard's initial doubts you've convinced me, and probably a few others, that the two outfits are linked!

OTT_Buzzard 12:19 20 Sep 09

I only had initial doubts as the quick (and i stress 'quick') search I did brought up nothing related to Desktop Option's current operating details.

It was only the Companies House search that linked the two together.

To reiterate another of my comments, despite having the same director, the same payment provider and probably a whole host of other similarities, legally, Desktop Option and HTPC Guys are very different companies.

ksas77: thanks for providing the info.

ksas77 14:33 20 Sep 09

Thanks for the replies guys, one thing- can the director and secretary be the same- from what i know this is not allowed

OTT_Buzzard 14:57 20 Sep 09

"can the director and secretary be the same"

Yes, the law changed at the beginning of the 2008/9 tax year.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 6 simple tips to get more out of…