HP Vista Upgrade

cactusjack 23:11 22 Dec 06

I'm rather confused - I bought a HP PC last week with Windows XP media centre edition. I should be eligible for a free upgrade to Vista.

I found this HP site which asks you to select the country you are in for the upgrade: click here

I selected UK English, which took me to:
click here

I then selected the link to the order site, which took me to: click here(S(u2atzb55gqnosvuiqf45ko45))/GlobalLandingPage.aspx?oem=HP&Lang=

On that site, in the list of countries, I was unable to find the United Kingdom. I have looked at the list 3 times - still can't spot the UK, or Great Britain, or England...

So I guess that means there is no upgrade for me, unless someone knows of another HP related link that will let me order my upgrade.

Any suggestions or advice are gratefully received.

cactusjack 23:13 22 Dec 06

Sorry - that last website link didn't post as it should have. Will try again below:

"click here(S(u2atzb55gqnosvuiqf45ko45))/GlobalLandingPage.aspx?oem=HP&Lang="

superhoops 00:10 23 Dec 06

Interested in your post as I bought a HP pc early November from PC World. I had read that PC World were themselves offering the upgrade. They have told me recently that I should be receiving the upgrade voucher in the post from them. Yeah ok lets see.
Looking at the HP page it is confusing cos it says

"If you cannot find your country listed below, then you are not eligible for an Express Upgrade.
BUT THEN IT SAYS.....
At this time, the Express Upgrade web site is accepting upgrade orders for only HP systems purchased by US, Canadian, Asian and Pacific region HP customers. If you live in another country, please try again in a few days. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Seems to be conflicting info????

superhoops 00:41 27 Dec 06

Cactusjack.. If you go to the HP Vista upgrade page now United Kingdom is finally included in the drop down box of countries that can order the upgrade now

cactusjack 09:38 27 Dec 06

Thank you for the response. Tried the link, but the page won't load :(

click here

superhoops 12:41 27 Dec 06

Yeah wont work for me either at the moment. It worked the other day no problem so must be a temporary problem. Keep trying, its on there at last!!

superhoops 20:34 27 Dec 06

Managed to do all the upgrade details etc tonight and got to the final page to find that they only accept payment(£12.90 handling etc) by credit card. I dont have a credit card, why dont they accept switch? Unbelievable. Really fed up now as that means I will end up having to buy a full price upgrade when it hits the shops

cactusjack 20:22 01 Jan 07

Got to the final page, but no payment was asked for?? Got an email confirming the order, but no credit card or payment requested...

superhoops 17:48 03 Jan 07

I am using the link click here(S(kfcopn552otv1j555tocbmiv))/UpgradePathOriginSelection.aspx
This is continuing through from
click here
Am I using the wrong link? Please say I am PLEASE. I am being asked for £12.90 by credit card only

cactusjack 18:09 03 Jan 07

I used the same link as you, but was never asked to pay a fee.

I then scanned my receipt for the PC and sent a copy of my confirmation to them via e-mail, as opposed to posting the order through.

superhoops 18:15 03 Jan 07

It must direct to different sites depending on the pc bought /cost of it I guess. Mine was £950 with monitor, perhaps I needed to spend more to get the free upgrade

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Glassworks Barcelona shows how it captured the artistic imagination of Conor in A Monster Calls

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…