HP psc 1350 all in one Printer

Kaacee 21:45 18 Aug 07

I purchased the above in January 2005 and up uptil 2 weeks ago it performed satisfactory, however, i then had a problem with black printing (no problem with colour), i went through the usual troubleshooting via the manual without success then went online help, they suggested various things again without success and they finally suggested i contact the technical people on a 0870 number which i am always reluctant to do, but didnt have an alternative, i eventually got through to the switchboard only to be told that as it was out of warranty, i would have to call the technical whizz kids in INDIA on a 0960 number @ 60p per minute for them to advise on repair options, again even more reluctantly i called them, only to be told after six minutes of asking the guy to repeat what he was saying because i couldn't understand, that the hardware was shot and they would replace it for me by selling me a RECONDITIONED machine @ £115.00 which is nearly £30.00 more than the price i orginally paid for it. !!!!!I politely declined his offer because you can get an HP machine for £85.00 or less for what is probably a better machine what with the improvements made in this field.

The upshot was that i eventually spoke to the head of customer technical services and explained my problem, a more ignorant man i have yet to meet who's one and only comment was that replacing hardware failed machines was HP policy and the price was set for that particular series of printers take it or leave it, oh, i don't waste my time querying the decisions taken by my'technical' experts.!!!!

Needless to say i will not be buying anything with the HP banner attached to it.This of course will not cause the demise of this company but at least it will make me feel better.

Thats got that off my chest.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac