HP Printer Inks

Curio 15:00 02 Jul 08

Bought an HP Photosmart 8250 printer about 18 months ago. Did a fair amount of printing, no problems. These days every time I flash up the Printer it tells me my ink is out of date and should be changed. I follow instructions and ignore this and the machine prints just as well as before. Question is - what is the actual life on an HP Cartridge? Is this a sly way of getting consumers to replace cartridges earlier than necessary?

spuds 15:39 02 Jul 08

There is no actual 'sure' life to a cartridge, because it all depends on usage, printer set-up and capacities.

I use a HP Photosmart C3180, which now holds and uses higher capacity compatible cartridges, which in turn makes a great financial saving. Original HP 338 black 11ml (compat 20ml) HP 343 colour 7ml (compat 14ml).

Regarding the warning messages, I use the printer until a poor quality print turns out, usually many many copies after the warning. HP printer are not alone on this procedure. Other brands seem to have similar early warning devices.Not very eco-friendly perhaps!.

Curio 18:18 02 Jul 08

It is not so much about how long a cartridge will last, but the time the ink remains useable within the cartridge if not used for a considerable period. Has the ink itself got a life?

choicestationery 18:44 02 Jul 08

I know we are not supposed to advertise on here, but noticed your thread.

Why not try our carts. They have up to 6 times as much in in them compared to the HP ones.

Try this link: click here

The black for example, HP is 5ml ours is 30ml at only £5.49.

HP could quite easily get 30ml in theirs, but they dont....I wonder why!

Paul @ Choice Stationery Supplies

Curio 18:55 02 Jul 08

Thanks for the pointer. Will keep in mind for when replacement is due.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Fresh New Fonts of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced