HP Pavillion DV5-1111EA or Acer Aspire 5920G

stargazer1958 15:59 04 Jan 09

Hi,

I am stuck between two choices of laptops. The HP Pavillion DV5-1111EA found here: click here
And the Acer Aspire 5920G found here: click here

The main part that I am really stuck on is the choice of processors, one has an AMD and one has an Intel. I would like to use this laptop for general use but I would also be running powerful video editing applications on it as well, this is why I need a good laptop but keeping the the price range of under £500.

Thank you in advanced for your help,
Alwyn.

GaT7 00:47 05 Jan 09

The Acer seems to be the better buy between the two mainly on account of its Blu-Ray drive (BD). There's probably very little else between the two, although the Acer's Core 2 Duo CPU would have a slight edge I suspect. And so would its better HD3470 graphics over the HP's HD3450.

The Acer's also £450 at ttp://click here - i.e. £50 less compared to your Currys link. But study the specs carefully as there are a few variations of the 5920G. G

P.S. If you go for the HP from Scan, get free delivery - here's how click here or click here

GaT7 14:12 05 Jan 09

Noticed the HP is now available at just under £20 at their today/only page click here. G

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…