HP PAVILLION 3032 SLIMLINE

pk46 16:36 01 Feb 08

Anyone buying this computer beaware it is a none standard model no hardware for use with PCI slots
will fit,the hardware installed looks if it was made to HP specs.
The recovery is on a partition on the hard drive
i had a mishap and deleted the hard drive thinking it was the small removable hard drive i was formating,so i rang HP for recovery disks but guess what none was avialable at the moment so had to restore the computer without the HP features it came with,who heard of a company releasing a product with no back up disks available from them.

Kemistri 17:30 01 Feb 08

Your comment surprises me a little. Every HP notebook that I have purchased came with a full copy of XP and a drivers/utilities CD and did not have any recovery partitions.

However, since what you describe is standard practise across the industry and has been so for a long time, you have little reason to complain about it. It is not ideal -- I don't like it either -- but it's the way it is and you could easily have checked the situation before purchase.

pk46 21:38 01 Feb 08

It's 10 years since i've bought a HP computer it was a spare of the moment thing after it was on QVC but it had sold out so bought it from the HP shop online so i just took for granted it would have recovery disks.
I can't fail the computer though it's fast enough for me.

Chas49 01:05 02 Feb 08

pk46:

I bought one from QVC, obviously at the same time as you and, like you say , "It's fast enough for me". My first experience of Vista too - hated it at the start but find it OK when you have used it for some time - especially with the help received from the members of this forum.

You could, I suppose, have returned it to QVC - using the 30 day guarantee - they actually fetch the item when it is over 5 kilograms. A very good company I find.

I found it very easy to connect to Broadband via a BT Hub and 1055 adapter - but then, so was the XP computer.

What impresses me about the HP Slimline is the lack of noise - when compared with my other computer that is. Can't say I like the way you have to load disks though, vertical that is - no bother when horizontal.

As for mishaps - I had one recently where the computer wouldn't accept images or the recovery disk, I had to install Ubunto which allowed me to clear nearly the whole of the disk and then the recovery disk, to my relief, worked - albeit on H:\ instead of C:\ ! Now, when it's done and dusted, I have learned of a program which will wipe the hard disk clean - just insert the CD and away you go - DBAN NUKE is what is called - effective or not I don't know and will not know until forced to do so.

pk46 13:38 14 Feb 08

Correction on hardware comment i did get hold of a modem card for this model it's called LOW PROFILE.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Glassworks Barcelona shows how it captured the artistic imagination of Conor in A Monster Calls

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…