HP Pavilion Desktop pc powersupply upgrade

sorrowthedark 11:17 18 May 09

hi all I Have a

Hp Pavilion A6455.uk

AMD Phenom 9500 Quad-Core Processor
3.00 GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce 8400 HD
Vista 32-bit operating system

I have a 300w 266w(max output) PSU and I was wondering if anyone can tell me what is the biggest psu without upgrading cooling can I put in it so i can upgrade GFX card as its only 256mb and not good enough. i just need to know if can fit a big enough power supply that will run a 9600GT

jack 08:41 19 May 09

Branded machines such as HP/Dell/E machines/Acer
Etc., are built to a tight specification to do a set
of tasks- attempting to 'improve' then in anyway will almost certainly lead to a loop of expenditure and frustration, of adding components to a basic machine not designed for them.
Indeed some[Dell] are designed with custom parts that can be virtually -unchangeable.[no ports available]

You may be better advised to work out exactly what you want a machine to do - and seek out a selection of components from the likes of click here
or buy a copy of MicroMart[comes out weekly on a Thursday] and start from the bottom up.

Proclaimer 09:53 19 May 09

click here and see if that model has more than one PSU Listed for it and you will get a part number and a price from HP,

keef66 10:26 19 May 09

Just looked at the specs sheet for your pc and it looks like a pretty standard ATX desktop. I suspect as long as it uses standard connectors you could put a more powerful ATX psu in there without problem. The psu itelf won't add to the heat in the case, it's own cooling fan simply exhausts from the back of the case. If you're worried about cooling, when choosing a graphics card it would be best to go for a dual slot model which actively pushes the hot air out of the case rather than blowing it around inside.

sorrowthedark 11:30 19 May 09

thank you, i just wanted to have a more powerful graphics card at the end of the day cause the one inside is 256 and uses onboard memory to bump upto 1.2 gb

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How Nearly Normal created super-fun papercraft for Google

47 iPhone camera tips to help you take better photos