HP Notebook - Came back worse after repair.

Zopah 18:13 26 Sep 07

Hi all,
I recently sent in for my HP laptop to be repaired for a faulty wireless card/motherboard issue.
All was good until I realised that it had developed more problems than it had originally when I got it back.
I can't do without my laptop for long as I'm a full-time student, and I told HP this. I was effectively told by email support, that they would forward me to a department that *would* replace my laptop. However, due to a "technical difficulty", the guy couldn't forward me to them via email, and instead told me to call phone support, and gave me a number.
After being passed around several times, I was told I'd have to contact my retailer, and they couldn't offer me a replacement, as the email support had stated.
Instead, I was offered a repair, or to contact my retailer.....a bit hard when they're only in the US!
I was just looking for some advice, as I've got a defective laptop, and who knows what may happen if I send it off again?

rickf 18:17 26 Sep 07

Might help you if you tell people what the probs are. Someone here might be able to help you get it right.

Forum Editor 18:26 26 Sep 07

is that you don't have anything like the same level of consumer protection as you would have if you bought in your home market, as you're finding out.

In the UK your retailer is your first port of call when things go wrong, and you're well-protected by consumer legislation. Had you bought from a UK retailer you would be able to claim a replacement machine. As things stand, you're going to have to accept the fact that the machine will have to go back to HP for further repair.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Gear VR vs. Daydream: Which delivers the best VR experience?

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5