hp Laser jet 1020 - Toner Cartridge

Neutered 20:39 16 Nov 05

Having just bought the above printer for £99.99 I have just discovered that the cheapest price for a replacement toner cartridge is £57.00. I should have paid heed to the advice of other forum members and avoided buying a HP printer because of the exhorbitant price of their cartridges. The phrase `Caveat Emptor' springs to mind!

ajm 09:56 17 Nov 05

I also have the similar model Hp 1010 bought appox 2 years ago. I do about 3-4 printouts a day on the laser. Ocassionally a bit more bit less. Since the day I bought it, I have not had the chance to replace the toners yet. You shoud easily get approx 2000-2500 from the toners. When you buy replacemnet toner, it will probably give you a higher yield output.

Overall the cost per page on a mono laser is very cheap. The outlay is expensive, but much cheaper than inkjet.

HP laser printers, in my opinion, are among the best.

Diodorus Siculus 11:34 17 Nov 05

I have used a number of LaserJets in the past and always found them good value.

Recently I put in a viking-direct compatible toner cartridge which cost about £30 and it has been fine - no discernible difference in quality. I just don't know about longevity yet.

pj123 15:45 17 Nov 05

What is the cartridge reference number?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This animated short film tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…