HP dm1 or Lenovo X121e

jammy1988 13:43 PM 10 May 12

I've been looking for a small laptop to use when I'm away from my desktop. I want something better than a netbook,l but that's still portable, so at the moment I've narrowed it down to the following two 11.6 inch models:

HP Pavilion dm1-4125ea

and

Lenovo ThinkPad X121e

I actually ordered the HP yesterday since there was a 15% discount code that was about to expire. However, I've been told that I can just cancel it and decline to accept delivery tomorrow, at no additional cost.

The Lenovo can be configured to come with either AMD or Intel processors. If I went for the same processor as the HP model (AMD E450) then the price is just about the same. Essentially, they're pretty much identical machines, but I'd welcome any advice. I have tried out the HP in PC World, and the one thing I wasn't overly keen on was the 'rough' effect trackpad. I've also read that the Lenovo has a better battery life (and I assume it would be better still with the Intel processor).

Forum Editor 19:26 PM 11 May 12

I have used Lenovo ThinkPads for some time and I'm a fan - the build quality (at least with the models I've used) has been excellent.

I tend to use my ThinkPad when I'm travelling, because of its light weight and slim profile, although that's happening a little less, now that I've fallen in love with my iPad.

I haven't any experience with HP laptops, so I'm not much help there I'm afraid.

Paulie71 00:00 AM 05 Jul 12

The HP is a really good machine, had one a few months and been really happy, can't fault it. Screen is really good and so is sound with Beats Audio. I considered the 11.6 Sony which looks good aesthetically but that was more money for the same spec and the built quality is probably not as good - keyboard flexes when you type according to one review I read

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Moto G 2015 confirmed: Motorola Moto G UK release date, price and specification details - New…

Why Vodafone’s frequency choice should interest you: The benefits of 800MHz

Digital visionaries lined up for dConstruct

Apple Pay UK launch guide and participating UK banks: HSBC, First Direct finally support Apple Pay