HP Customer Service -Star Award

spuds 12:04 25 Dec 08

We often hear praise or total dissatisfaction regarding customer service, but here is one for a special merit award.

I have a number of older and newer HP printer's, and on the occasions that I have contacted their customers services, there as always been a very prompt and considerate reply from HP, which usually resolves any issues.

The latest acquisition was an HP PSC3180 all-in-one, which is now proving troublesome. HP came up with a number of possible solutions, which sadly hasn't resolved the issues. Late last night (after spending part of the day trying to get the printer working) I (pathetic I know!) decided to contact HP customer services via email again, expecting a possible reply after the holidays.

Low and behold, I have received a 'human' reply to the email this very morning. Their email gave the usual apologies and their deep concerns (because they want to keep customer trust) about not resolving the problem, and they have now issued an advanced service support report for a UK representative to contact me personally and within the next few days, so that the matter can be resolved.

Now to me thats first rate customer service, when a company provides support on a Christmas day, with the offer of contacting a customer service person 'anytime'.

In this case we are talking about an item that cost less than £39.00, that I was preparing to bin. I only wish all companies would adopt a more prompt or sympathetic view to their customers, similar also to the likes of HP, Amazon, Ebuyer etc, who have provided first rate customer service over the past year.

curofone 13:23 25 Dec 08

you do not get to be the number one seller of home computers with nearly 20% market share by making crap products and following up with terrible service.

Persoanlly i could not agree with you more, hp are one of the best brands out there in the technology market and i would not hesitate to recommend them to anyone

kindly 19:14 25 Dec 08

You are right about HP. I had a printer of theirs maybe about two years ago when it or I should say went faulty. I bought it from Curries and they were not interested in putting it right. I contacted HP and it was aranged to go to them by currier the next day. It came back fixed and an extra ink cartridge with it.
I do also wish other companies were like them and we could all enjoy computing at home without the worry of being ripped off. Good on you starting this thread.

beeuuem 19:21 25 Dec 08

It would appear that HP have lifted their game.
A few years ago my sister's G10 all-in-one failed at 13 months. Their only response was to suggest buying a new one.

spuds 12:01 26 Dec 08

Thanks everyone for the kindly responses. Think that I will tick this as resolved.

Unless of course the 'advanced service support' doesn't make a contact, but I cannot see that not happening, if past experiences prove right.

Shame about the HP PSC3180,its been a very good and faithful workhorse, and might continue to be so in the future!.

Perhaps worth a mention, that I have just unpacked and about to set-up a brand new Brother DCP-135C all-in-one, that I had available. Apparently Brother support and service is very good as well, on the downside is the 0870 telephone number, but emails are free!. One thing about the warranty on this printer is the free upgrade from RTB to On-site if the product is registered within 30 days, plus extended warranty option.

Kaacee 19:42 26 Dec 08

My dealings with HP was much the same as beeuuem's, fault with printer, contacted them via expensive phone calls and email, no response to email, advice from technician "bin it" and buy a new one, even though the printer was only 16 months old, the worst company I have ever dealt with and since then, some 3 years ago, I have not, and will not buy another piece of equipment from HP. So it looks like they may have changed their attitude towards customer service, however, I still would not deal with them.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Animator Emanuele Kabu’s psychedelic video is a stunning tribute to Lisbon city

Best Mac antivirus 2017