HP 4670 Vertical scanner - any good?

I posted this in help but no replies and wrong forum I think!!
I'm putting together a school magazine and need a scanner for the job. I saw this in Costco and ignored it as I thought it was a bit gimmicky, however having looked at my Dad's enormous Epson scanner, and then at the very small amount of desktop that I have, I'm wondering if it might be more suitable than I first thought. I don't need a fantastic all singing all dancing beast, and have very little room to put a scanner, as I may be scanning small bits of children's work , it may be easier to arrange if I can see what I'm scanning. Any thoughts on this or any other scanners?

anchor 09:58 29 Jul 04

Here are 2 reviews from the USA

click here

click here

Sounds good.

Tx! I have read two reviews over here both bad but I have a feeling they may be from the same person!!

anchor 09:02 30 Jul 04

Having found a UK review, Debe is correct.

click here

Quote: "Sadly, this new HP is something of a triumph of style over content".

anchor 09:16 30 Jul 04

Have a look at the Canon Lide 80. It got a Gold award from PCA Magazine. Not vertical or transparent, but an excellent scanner with good software, and a compact design.

Review: click here

£111 here: click here

or

£116 here: click here

Now that looks interesting Anchor- Thanks!! I have to say the idea that I could use the scanner "As a picture frame" def. doesn't give me a good feeling!!but I was yearning for desk space, which the Canon obviously offers as I could store it on its side and then use flat! I wonder if the stand is included??
Have you used Ebuyer before? I looked at Pixmania, but they offer a voucher for the item cost (less a fee) which is only valid for 3 mths, if something goes wrong with it!

€dstowe 10:44 30 Jul 04

I feel you are being a little unfair, debe, saying there were no replies to your other post. click here

I wasn't being unfair Edstowe, at the time of typing I hadn't had any replies (otherwise I wouldn't have written that I hadn't - simple as that!) & I thought it was because I had put it into the wrong forum. Since then, as you know I have had replies but I will close the other thread down to avoid upset/offence/unfairness!!Hopefully this will redress the situation ;)
Now, a question, on the Canon Lide does anybody know if you get the vertical stand included?
Off to peruse the Canon website!

anchor 13:07 30 Jul 04

Whilst others may have a different opinion, personally I would prefer to do business with a company based in the UK. Pixmania is based in France.

On some products the 1 year warranty is not accepted by the UK branch of the manufacturer, and the item has to be returned to France for repair, should that be necessary. Sometimes, the manual is only in French.

I, and a friend, have used e-buyer previously with no problems. Their price is only £7 more than Pixmania.

As regards the vertical stand, you could ask Canon; their UK link is here:

click here

Hi, have no intention of using Pixmania (don't like the Zen Wotsit) and am happy to try Ebuyer, but cannot find out about the stand!! Thanks fo rthe link, no luck yet though!

Given up worrying about the stand- just ordered it from Ebuyer (lide 80) watch this space!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…