How is your Online Christmas Shopping?

cara 14:32 15 Dec 03

My online christmas shopping experience todate is appalling.

Two orders have particularly disappointed via Dixons. These orders were confirmed and withdrawn at the eleventh hour several days later.

An application form from Currys (interest free credit) failed to arrive and another one sent out. Just received that one - but surely it is far to late to organise interest free credit and receive delivery by christmas.

Unbeatable.co.uk are quite promising though, so far. Proof will be in the pudding if we recieve the goods by christmas though.

All very stressful!

What about your experience?

Regards
Cara

cara 14:35 15 Dec 03

Oh, and with regard to Dixons, most annoyingly, the goods are being shown as in stock in my area despite disappointing me.

mikef. 17:56 15 Dec 03

Did most of mine at Amazon ordered last Sunday, picked it up from Parcel Force Sat., so I'm a happy bunny.

GibsonSt19 18:01 15 Dec 03

They're all you'll ever need (almost)

christmascracker 18:08 15 Dec 03

Amazon here too.

Ordered various DVD's, CD's and books on saturday night and they were delivered today at One o'clock!

Cant get much better than that

Jester2K II 18:22 15 Dec 03

Amazon - all delivered on time.

Forum Editor 18:37 15 Dec 03

I ordered on Thursday - everything arrived today (Monday). All books & CDs, and I wouldn't use anyone else. If anyone knows how to run an online retailing operation Amazon does.

Sir Radfordin 19:07 15 Dec 03

Done a bit with Amazon, but its still too much hassle to find all the things I want and get them delivered when I am going to be in. Going to do some real shopping soon!

As for Amazon, stuff did come mostly without problem. They got one book wrong (Chocolate not fish!!) but as the books were 1/2 the RRP at £5 I couldn't be bothered to do anything about it - just re-ordered the correct one. The lucky person just gets another christmas present!

bremner 19:08 15 Dec 03

Amazon, Argos, Ebuyer and Crucial all trouble free.

sdf 19:16 15 Dec 03

play.com are wonderful as ever!

3 orders from Amazon, all delivered on time and complete.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…