How to save power costs on your PC

tigertop2 11:38 20 Jul 10

For those of you who, like me, don't switch off your PC or put it in sleep mode as often as you should I came across this article in 'Which' on the EcoButton.

click here

I have no connection whatsoever with the company but am about to try it once I am assured it is compatible with Windows 7, although I have little doubt it will be

Every little bit helps these days. If anyone else is using it can they let us know how convenient and useful it is, please?

citadel 17:42 20 Jul 10

motherboards like asus come with software that does eco friendly, also a very efficint psu, you can get 90% efficient ones now.

SB23 19:56 20 Jul 10

Rather than extra expense on a gadget, wouldn't it just be simpler to turn the pc off?

Just a thought.

tigertop2 20:19 20 Jul 10

SB23 Yes it could be but with 5 pcs all doing different things at different times it is all too easy to leave one on whilst attending to another. Just seems a good idea to me.

Armchair 10:13 21 Jul 10

I switch mine off when I go out and at night. If I was really bothered about power usage, I'd get a netbook or something equally frugal.

Terry Brown 21:10 21 Jul 10

I run a few programs that require long processing times and so I need to leave the Computer running (Usually overrnight), however I always turn the monitor off
- Not leave in stand-by mode - as it nor necessary to leave on.
The same with any USB drives that are not in current use.

Terry Brown

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Gear VR vs. Daydream: Which delivers the best VR experience?

Best Mac antivirus 2017