how reliable are Samsung products

Newuser2 20:28 09 Jul 07

I ask as the compressor unit my fridge / freezer has started to run almost 24/7, three visits from engineers and their solution is to turn the temp down so it doesn't run so much. Its still under warranty.
My sons flat screen TV 6 months old and its dead.
Argos are replacing it with an updated model as the original is not stocked any more, but two failures out of two is not good me thinks.

laurie53 20:43 09 Jul 07

They're not top quality, but they're reliable.

I have Samsung Fridge/freezer, camera, cordless phone and had A Samsung TV without any problem

Laurie

Stuartli 21:32 09 Jul 07

My best mate's sold plenty of Samsung products, including LCD and plasma TVs, and doesn't have problems with customers coming back in anger.

In fact Sony and Samsung have a joint venture flat TV panels production plant in South Korea, started in 2004.

Intially Sony had qualms about quality standards and insisted on testing every panel from the new plant at its Japanese TV factory first, before using them in sets or sending to other TV assembly plants in Spain and Mexico.

However, Sony quickly realised that quality was top notch and the panels are now shipped direct to Sony's TV factories.

Last year, Sony topped LCD TV sales throughout the world, but is now fighting tooth and nail for the honour with Samsung and Panasonic.....:-)

spuds 22:11 09 Jul 07

I use a Samsung laser printer. Never had any trouble whatsoever in the 3/4 years that I have owned it.

Starfox 22:54 09 Jul 07

Over the years I have had many Samsung products and I can't think of a single one which has been troublesome.

Argos on the other hand has been a very different story, the amount of faulty electrical items I have returned to that place is unbelievable, like 3 kettles, 2 irons, 2 vacuum cleaners, 4 toasters and an uncountable number of telephones.

I can only conclude that either Argos sell lower grade goods or I am their unluckiest customer. :o)

Belatucadrus 22:55 09 Jul 07

Same hear, Samsung ML1210 laser printer, rock steady after god knows how many thousands of sheets.

Newuser2 17:35 10 Jul 07

I guess we must be just unlucky.

Stuartli 17:41 10 Jul 07

Very...:-)

PalaeoBill 20:22 10 Jul 07

I have a 21 inch Samsung monitor that is a good 6 years old and DVD/VCR combo near 3; never had a problem with them,

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…