How much to ask for my PC when selling

Maoleis 11:11 AM 27 May 11

Earlier this year I hit overclockers and ordered myself some new parts and ended up buying a whole new system. After many a steam purchase I must now go to Uni and it has to go. Only trouble is given how quick computers depreciate, how much can I reasonably ask for the following specs:

AsRock N68s Mainboard DDR2+DDR3 AMD Athlon Dual Core 5000 (2.4GHZ) 4GB Kingston DDR2 RAM 500 GB SATA Hard Disk NVIDIA 9800 GT graphics card Antec 300 Gaming Case

I'm not offering a monitor, but wireless peripherals go with it and a USB 360 pad.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Peace - Mao

Maoleis 11:12 AM 27 May 11

Addendum: Windows 7 Ultimate is the OS.

Maoleis 11:49 AM 27 May 11

More detailed specs courtesy of my Overclockers receipt:

Asrock SKT-AM2 N68-S Motherboard AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core 5200+ 2.70GHz (Socket AM2) – Retail 4GB DDR2 Kingston RAM (2GB Twin) Asus GeForce EN9800 GT 512MB GDDR3 HDTV/Dual DVI (PCI-Express) - Retail Hiper 530W HPU-4M530 SLi Certified ATX 2.2 PSU LiteON DH-20A4P-21C 20x DVD±RW IDE Dual Layer ReWriter (Black) – OEM

rickf 11:59 AM 27 May 11

For you info, I recently sold my about the same specs for £50. Hope that helps.

spuds 13:32 PM 27 May 11

I generally find that a good indicator can be obtained from a auction site, something like eBay. Your local newspaper might have adverts, as might the local shop or store with a public sales notice board.

What is the price you are hoping to sell it for?.

wee eddie 15:46 PM 27 May 11

You are likely to be very disappointed with the price, although I think that rickf is probably slightly underrating your selling abilities.

Your main problem will be actually finding a potential Buyer.

erkmatrix 14:39 PM 28 May 11

You are probably best off advertising in a local newspaper than ebay if you ask for me for something like a second hand PC. how much did you pay for it, try it for something you'd expect to pay for a second hand machine of that spec.

It sad but PCs lose so much of their value when you come to wanting to sell one, I too a while back wanted to sell my old PC but in the end I thought I might as well keep it as a second PC in another room than have it go for such a little price.

But you maybe lucky in a newspaper articles for sale ad and get a reasonable amount for it.

HXP 00:07 AM 29 May 11

Not sure where you are in the UK - I am Nr Cheletenham - might be interested if you can give me a price - stick a reply on here and I will reply - I am sure you want it to go to a good home ! ( I want to start messing with Linus and it could be a good test machine )

Forum Editor 12:03 PM 29 May 11

stick a reply on here and I will reply

Please don't do that - we can't accept posts which offer goods for sale under any circumstances.

HXP 18:04 PM 29 May 11

ooops . sorry

wee eddie 19:15 PM 29 May 11

We used to use the 'wee envelope', to send each other such messages, but that's currently under development, I think.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best Black Friday deals 2015 live blog: Best UK Black Friday weekend deals & best UK Cyber Monday…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The best Black Friday Deals for designers and artists – updated

20 Mac Power User Tricks... That You Didn't Know