How many satellite dishes can you have

iqs 20:09 15 Oct 08

Hi,

I all ready have a SKY dish on the side of the house,standard digital.
I would like to purchase HD Freesat,but are you allowed to have more then one satellite dish fitted?.

I could change the LMB to a two feed connection,but the dish is very old.

Cheers

pchelper001 21:38 15 Oct 08

As far as i know, you are allowed a maximum of 2 satellite dishes without needing council approval. After you go over the two, then you will need to get permission.

Hope this helps.

iqs 21:44 15 Oct 08

pchelper001 for your help.cheers

spuds 22:24 15 Oct 08

The only true way to find out, is to ask your local council. If the property is rented or leased, then you may have to ask the landlord/owner as well.

I have two satellite dishes,each located at different positions on the property, and because one is more than a metre wide, I had to seek permission and approval from the council.

laurie53 08:24 16 Oct 08

"As far as i know, you are allowed a maximum of 2 satellite dishes without needing council approval."

Not quite that simple; depends on where you live.

If you live in a conservation are there will be severe restrictions, and round here a dish can't show above the skyline, or in some situations be visible from a main road.

The Brigadier 10:30 16 Oct 08

I have 3.
x1 Sky
x1 BSB (remember them?)
x1 Satellite Phone Dish (poor reception in Exmoor)

anchor 10:34 16 Oct 08

I spoke to a Sky rep last week, and he said you can fit a different LNB to your existing dish that has two receivers.

You would then need a second cable to feed the second signal to the house.

Condom 14:10 16 Oct 08

I wish. My house is in front of a wood and I can't get any dish to work. Seemingly the signal can come hundreds of miles from space but can't travel the last few yards through some leaves. Technology bah. Fortunately I can get freeview asit can go through leaves. Beggars belief.

iqs 14:47 16 Oct 08

Finally got through to the right department.

You can up to two dishes,as long you don't live in a conservation area.
The dish must not be higher then the chimney,and no more then 100cm away from the way.The size of dish is not a factor .If you want this in writing from the council it will cost £54......

Thanks for the help.

iqs 16:18 16 Oct 08

anyone had Freesat fitted through Argos ?.

I ask because I would like to know how many feeds the LMB will have.I spoke to Argos,but the staff are not trained in Freesat faqs.

Cheers

Stuartli 23:01 16 Oct 08

Don't forget that Sky itself carries the BBC HD channels but those from ITV are exclusive to the new BBC/ITV Freesat service.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…