How many recoveries is acceptable?

cotonal 22:04 23 May 04

Having already had to use my recovery disks about 10 times since buying my machine back in August 2003, I am told by PCService Call to try the new disks they are sending to me (as the originals are no longer readable)also to not install Microsfot Office, Norton Internet Security and my ISP (what use is the PC without these?)and to keep using recovery disks as they won't send out an engineer for a 'software' problem(rather than having a reliable machine!). I feel there is a problem with the actual recovery programme on the disks which causes my unit to crash. Has anyone else had experience of this problem on an emachine computer?

Forum Editor 23:32 23 May 04

not to instal Microsoft Office is ridiculous, it's probably the most widely-used software on the planet.

Norton security has been known to cause problems - I can't speak for your ISP software, because I don't know what it is, but it's extremely unlikely to cause enough havoc to warrant using the system restore disk. If you've had to use the disk ten times in as many months there is certainly something fairly major going wrong - assuming that the problem was serious enough to require a complete factory-state restore - and I wonder if you could post more information. What exactly provokes these restore sessions?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…