How Many Licences With Student Win XP Pro Upgrade

silverbugle 19:26 27 Jan 05

If you buy MS Office Pro 2003 for Students, it comes with 3 licences to allow you to use it on 3 machines.

MS also do a student version of Win XP Pro Upgrade. I have looked on retailer websites and the MS website but I can't find the answer.

Does anyone know if this version comes with multiple licences?

€dstowe 19:35 27 Jan 05

No it doesn't.

The only versions of XP that have multiple licences are corporate editions. They have a price to match that multiplicity.

Sir Radfordin 20:07 27 Jan 05

€dstowe - think you might have missed some news somewhere in the past. Microsoft did produce a licence (family/student can't remember which) that did allow for multiple installs of a product on computers in the same household. This however did apply only to Office. It was also the case with some versions of Office that you could install it on 1x PC and 1x Laptop (both legally activated under XP) because MS believed lost of people would be using one or the other and were kind enough not to make you pay twice.

Think it is 1 licence per PC on the OS front though. The best prices will come to you if your Uni/HE/FE is a member of CHEST (click here)

As with all things you need to check the details of the licence you buy/intend to buy.

Sir Radfordin 20:33 27 Jan 05

(PS - So €d you may have been right in your answer but I read it wrong!!)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…