How long to wait before refund

butterscotch 19:59 15 Sep 05

I recently sold some software on ebay, the buyer then informed me that the software was no good.

I told them to return the goods & I would refund the money, that was 10 days ago & I have not received the goods back.

How long should I wait before refusing to refund the money.

Totally-braindead 20:05 15 Sep 05

Legally I think its 30 days but don't take that as gospel. Since its only been 10 days I think you're jumping the gun a bit, a lot of people work all the time and can only get to the post office on a Saturday.

butterscotch 20:21 15 Sep 05

the software was sent to a trading company not an individual & they sent the money originally within 2 days.

De Marcus™ 20:57 15 Sep 05

Send them a polite email asking when you can expect the software to arrive, so you can 'arrange' their refund.

butterscotch 21:06 15 Sep 05

have emailed them but no reply as yet.

Stuartli 22:27 15 Sep 05

It's probably been copied.....

Forum Editor 00:31 16 Sep 05

You only need to offer a refund on software if it is faulty in some way - otherwise you're under no obligation. It may be that the software is faulty - you don't say, other than that your customer told you it was 'no good'.

spuds 10:25 16 Sep 05

Like all things,errors can occure. I purchase quite a number of items via ebay, and on occassions I have had the 'no good' software, usually I have found the problem as been through the way I have tried the programme out. I would suggest that a simple have you installed it this way email, may bring a better response.

Ebay have a very good community forum, and any questions or answers are usually given a very quick reply by other people who have had similar experiences. Give that a try.

Would also suggest that software can be copied, so be a little wary on this point. Nothing like supplying someone else at your expense, if you see what I mean.Have they given you a feedback yet!.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…