How long should I wait for a refund

Sturmey 17:44 01 Jul 03

Hi,

I returned a PC to savastore(watford electronics) because it was faulty on arrival. A courier collected it on Friday 27th June, I haven't had a refund yet and wanted to know what is a reasonable time to wait for my money back.

What should be my next move if I have not heard from them.

Many Thanks

Sir Radfordin 18:04 01 Jul 03

I would say if you don't hear anything from them by this Friday then contact them by phone and see what they say.

If that doesn't give you the correct response (money in your bank) then send a letter on the Monday by Special Delivery saying if you haven't got a refund by the Friday you will be taking legal advice and will not be in contact again.

jivebaby 18:35 01 Jul 03

If you paid by credit card, talk to them as the consumer credit act should cover this item.

Do, however check your card agreement before calling the bank or cc company so that you know your rights beforehand.

jivebaby 18:37 01 Jul 03

Having said that, notmuch time has elapsed and Friday sounds like a good starting point as the knight points out.

Nice to see him using his axe so skillfully.

Sturmey 18:40 01 Jul 03

For the sound advice everyone, what would I do without this forum :)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…