How long is reasonable

rowdy 17:02 09 Nov 06

If you have bought an expensive item of electronic equipment and it fails within the first year of use, how long do you consider it to be reasonable for warranty repairs to take.

rowdy

dagbladet 17:23 09 Nov 06

Rowdy, you might get more response in consumerwatch mate.

rowdy 17:27 09 Nov 06

I was not looking for legal answers just how folk would feel in the situation described.

rowdy

Pamy 17:33 09 Nov 06

rowdy, 14days

oresome 17:45 09 Nov 06

I think it would depend on how long I'd had it and how much it inconvenienced me.

If I'd had it for less than a week and it was away a fortnight being repaired, I wouldn't be happy.

If it was my only PC and the repair took longer than a day I'd be getting annoyed.

If it was a 11 month old second TV and took 2 or 3 weeks, I could live with that.

GANDALF <|:-)> 18:24 09 Nov 06

21-28 days.

G

sean-278262 18:26 09 Nov 06

28days is the limit for me. If the banks want money in 28 days and companies state things will take up to 28 days to sort then it is good enough for me. However the law says that the time taken has to be ballanced against the inconvienience.

Forum Editor 19:11 09 Nov 06

"an expensive item of electronic equipment", and has it failed within the first year of use?

If it has,and the repair is taking longer than you expected, provide some details and we'll be better placed to comment.

sean-278262 19:21 09 Nov 06

"I was not looking for legal answers just how folk would feel in the situation described."

i think he is asking hypothetically FE.

Totally-braindead 20:03 09 Nov 06

I wouldn't be happy if it did take this long but 28 days seems reasonable to me. Thats from it leaving my grubby mitts to it being back in my grubby mitts.
My hifi has been away for a fortnight so far for repair by the way.

GANDALF <|:-)> 20:33 09 Nov 06

I have nothing in my life that needs to be back within 28 days. I can do without, it is not like it is life-threatening.

G

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…