How long does it take for a refund on PayPal

Border View 19:06 05 Aug 14
Answered

On 28th July I returned some goods to a company as they were not suitable for the purpose purchased. This was in response to a request from their Customer Services Department. The goods were returned with a covering letter as requested.

On 30th July I sent an e-mail which has not been acknowledged. On Friday 1st August I telephoned the customer services department to be told by the gentleman that his colleague said that the refund was going through that day.

On Monday 4th August I telephoned again because the refund was now showing up on my PayPal account. The same gentleman said he had spoken with the Accounts Department and they said the refund had been processed on Friday 1st August.

Here we are at the end of 5th August and still no refund. Nor has the requested e-mail confirming our conversations and the refund been received.

Just wondered how long does it take for a Pay Pal refund to be shown on my account.

Would welcome your comments.

Border View 19:07 05 Aug 14

Above should read the refund was NOT showing on my Paypal account not now.

Border View 21:12 05 Aug 14

Thank you. I shall follow your suggestion tomorrow.

Ex plorer 08:37 06 Aug 14

I would not email or telephone a company or an individual about goods purchased and returning.

Always go through eBay messaging service so that you have a record of any conversation between buyer and seller.

eBay can look into these messages if and when you want to open a dispute and if enough time has been given for seller to respond.

Border View 08:57 06 Aug 14

Hello Explorer - this wasn't an e-bay transaction. It was an engineering company who use Paypal for customer purchases.

alanrwood 09:18 06 Aug 14

I agree that PP refunds as soon as they get the money from the supplier.

onthelimit1 14:26 09 Aug 14

Had a refund from Novatech last week - took 3 hrs from my request for refund to getting an email from Paypal to say it had been paid. Of note, though, was that the money appeared in my Paypal acct, and not my bank account which feeds Paypal. Had to transfer from Paypal back to that one.

Border View 16:26 10 Aug 14
Answer

Refund came through on Friday. (Nearly two weeks after I had returned the goods). Refund had had to be "signed off" by someone in the company. Won't be using the company again or recommending them to anyone.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…