How to identify your graphics card

IT Genius 18:23 17 Mar 04

I've inherated a PC with a graphics card that is pretty slow and i believe that this is down to not having the right driver installed. I've recently upgraded to XP and gaming is pretty slow.(I think... I've got an ATI Radeon VE?) but I'm not sure.

My system info tells me I've a Radeon 7000 series card but I don't think this is right.

Does anyone have any tips of where about on the actual graphics card I'll be able to find some useful information about what card I actually have - as hopefully this will then enable me to find a suitable driver and solve all/some of my problems.

georgemac 18:34 17 Mar 04

I would look for any markings or numbers on the card itself, or on any of the main chips on the card, but if xp has identified it as a radeon 7000, and has installed drivers and there are no conflicts showing in device manager - I would say that it is what xp says.

and probably better posting this in the helproom.

citadel 18:51 17 Mar 04

A radeon 7000 is slow and only good for basic windows stuff and internet. If you want to play games an upgrade will be best.

SEASHANTY 19:44 17 Mar 04

Download the information utility AIDA.32. It will give you full information on your PC including the
identity of the graphics card.
click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…