How to get tft power adaptors?

caleb2003 09:28 20 Oct 03

I bought a sold as seen Sony SDM-S81 for a bargain price after the bloke in the Costco shop assured me that the missing power cable was not a problem and that I could use a universal adaptor.

Problem is that the thing is 12v DC and 3.8A needing 45W (not that I know what I am talking about).

Sony want £95 for one and are talking about a 6 week wait grrrr.

Is the power adaptor market all sewn up with the suppliers, because I have searched the internet and can find no-one selling these, even went to Maplin and they didn't have anything like it either.

Anyone know of a supplier?? I am getting desperate.

Stuartli 09:57 20 Oct 03

As you were clearly misinformed when purchasing the Sony, you are entitled to get your money back; the fact that goods are sold as seen etc does not affect your rights in any way.

I would suggest to Costco that unless it is able to obtain a suitable adaptor for you at a reasonable price, you wish to return the TFT and receive a full refund.

The adaptor seems to be one of a type used for lighting displays:

click here

caleb2003 11:10 20 Oct 03

Thanks for the reply, I was hoping to find a supplier of the adaptor as I do want the monitor.

My main beef is with the companies which are trying to charge ridiculous prices for a simple power adaptor.

Thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…