How do you opt out of Google Street View

Audio~~Chip 13:39 24 Mar 09

Seen on the BBC news website today and heard in other sources you can opt of of Google Street view. Question is "Where do you opt of of Google Street View" or How do you opt out of google street view.

Thanks.

Cymro. 14:11 24 Mar 09

So why would you want to opt out of Google Street View?

AlouetteIII 14:33 24 Mar 09

Some people are concerned that it poses a security risk if their house and surroundings are clear for all to see. Can't see the difference in visiting the street myself, but I'm not a crook!

Kaacee 15:16 24 Mar 09

Left click on the photo you want to opt out of and select "report inappropiate image"

Forum Editor 16:24 24 Mar 09

when you say you want to opt out - surely you don't mean that you want your house to be removed from the images of your street? I can understand someone not wanting an embarrassing image of themselves on public view, but anyone can stand outside your house and quite legally photograph it and publish the image, so what's the difference with Google street?

isca2 16:38 24 Mar 09

I am confused as well...what do you mean ?

PalaeoBill 17:11 24 Mar 09

When did a request for information turn into an excuse for giving someone the third degree?

Arnie 18:01 24 Mar 09

Come on now we're not exactly the Spanish Inquisition.(:0)

Forum Editor 18:40 24 Mar 09

Actually, three of us responded to the request for information with a request for more information. I don't see how that qualifies as "giving someone the third degree".

isca2 18:47 24 Mar 09

Thanks FE !!

PalaeoBill 21:11 24 Mar 09

Goodness me, now I'm getting it.

Audio~~Chip asked a question, I understood it and would have answered it but Gudlucker got there first.

Then three people questioned his reasons for wanting to know. Or at least two did and one was unsure of the question.

"So why would you want to opt out of Google Street View?"

"surely you don't mean that you want your house to be removed from the images of your street?"

"I am confused as well...what do you mean ?"

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…