How do i find out the tax on an airline ticket

ronalddonald 19:56 08 Jul 09

Ive been lookin around for some flights to Cairo i just want to know how much is the tax rate as the web sites are excluding the taxes.

Is the tax as the same as VAT or is it a different type of tax.

Thank you all for your help.

Im sorry if this is a dumb question as i haven't been on a aeroplane since 1990

smokingbeagle 20:45 08 Jul 09
  tullie 21:46 08 Jul 09

If you dont mind me asking,why would you want to know?

Kevscar1 08:21 09 Jul 09

If you proceed as if to book evveryone I,ve ever used adds the tax as it goes along before asking for payment.

tullie 18:51 09 Jul 09

I know what he is saying,was just wondering why he would want to know the amount of tax.Does anyone check the tax when they book a flight?

Kevscar1 08:06 10 Jul 09

Yes I want to know the total price I,m going to pay.

Jafe 08:27 10 Jul 09

if its a business flight do you think you can claim back tax? if so he might want to know how much it is for that reason?

Kevscar1 17:57 10 Jul 09

if it,s business you claim the whole amount as an expense.

Jafe 18:34 10 Jul 09

yeah if you work for a company but you can't if you're self employed. you'd want to know how much it would cost your company and obv. that would be net.

Kevscar1 08:54 11 Jul 09

I am self-employed Airline tax is not a seperate entry the only amount that needs to be seperate is the VAT for my VAT return.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

New MacBook Pro 2017 release date, UK price and tech specs: Kaby Lake MacBook Pro to launch in…