How Computer Manufacturers Are Paid to Make Your Laptop Worse.

Chronos the 2nd 15 May 13

Interesting article here. As a builder I do not have a problem with bloatware but I bought a laptop last year and was quite taken aback by the amount of rubbish that came installed. Yes you can remove these programs but if you are a PC noobie then this is not really an option.

Woolwell 15 May 13

You have to be careful what you do remove though. Some of it can appear to be bloatware but for example could control the function keys.

spuds 15 May 13

We use to have a local computer repair person, who use to reformat quite a number of problematic machines. That not only removed any bloat-ware or add-ons, but about everything else, and all for £60 an hour.

Nontek 15 May 13

That is why I always guide anyone asking advice on new PCs to Novatech - guaranteed No Bloatware!

Forum Editor 15 May 13

Transferred to Tech Consumer advice from Speakers Corner.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

IKinema aims to banish droopy shoulders and wonky spines in animated CG characters

How to use Apple Music in the UK: Complete guide to Apple Music's features

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message