How can i create a dvd

carpstore 16:16 19 Apr 06

Hi im new to the site and have basically no knowledge of what i want to acheive so need some plain english help on creating the following.

I want to make a film of my companies products then edit them including music which i have already purchased (copyright free)and then download onto dvd's which can be played on the average home dvd player.

Which software do i need and once done is it cheaper to buy a multi dvd recorder or get a company to copy them.

We are not talking tens of thousands here perhaps 500 to start with to give you an idea.

Any help would be very gratefully received.

donki 16:27 19 Apr 06

hi m8,

Depends wot format your original movie is in? Ul need to get urself an Movie Editor program to put ur music over the top of the video. Then convert the movie and music together into a format that can be put on a DVD.

Do you know?

carpstore 16:37 19 Apr 06

Hi m8

Thanks for that in essence no i dont know i am planning on using a digital camcorder then loading onto pc and editing from there.

Sorry i cant be more specific i am as i said in the dark here. I know what i want to acheive i just have no idea how to go about it and need a starting point.

The more i read about dvd's and sofware editing the more my head hurts. I just keep thinking it cant be rocket science surely.

WHU 22:30 19 Apr 06

click here

I use the above. You can upload your video file from your camcorder to your pc, then edit your video file by cutting bits out, editing, adding effects and music.
Easy to use, and probably not the most sophisticated piece of software but it does the job.

They offer a free trial, but i think it will only allow you to burn the first 5 mins to disc. But at least you can play around with the editing facilatiesto see if it suits your needs.

roy 23:47 19 Apr 06

Quite a few people on this forum recommend Pinnacle software:
click here
Alternatively for a free download why not try out
Windows Movie Maker
click here

Roy

carpstore 11:59 20 Apr 06

Hi
Thank you very much for that info i will have a play and try not to blow my pc up in the process.

Darren

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch Series 2 review | Apple Watch 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter,…