how can I contact a manager in Dell?

Paul2008 15:38 05 Aug 08

Hi
I have received a Dell notebook with Vista installed when I ordered XP downgrade.
I am trying to get this resolved and after their saying "no" it seems that there is no-one too be able to contact in upper management.
I am being pushed around from department to department by phone and email and it seems that anyone in management beyond Sales and Customer Support are like a pie in the sky.
Any ideas how I might get beyong this with an email of phone number?
Thanks
Paul2008

User2008 15:51 05 Aug 08

"I have received a Dell notebook with Vista installed when I ordered XP downgrade."

Not the answer your looking for but I'd simply reject that machine.

961 19:49 05 Aug 08

Reject it and start again

If you paid by credit card advise the card company that you are in dispute with the seller

laurie53 20:14 05 Aug 08

I wish you luck. Dell have the worst customer relations I have ever encountered since I got my first Spectrum, and that includes some companies which are no longer with us.

crosstrainer 09:09 06 Aug 08

I would agree with the others here, but if you want to contact the "Top Man" at Dell, proceed as follows.

Write a letter stating your problems clearly, and (this is the important bit) Mark the envelope "Strictly Private And Confidential"

Now, don't laugh, this really works..On the rear of the envelope add a small spot of perfume or a lipstick type kiss.

This absolutely guarantees that no secretary in the world would dare to open it, and it will reach it's intended target.

I have used this in the past and it will work!

ventanas 09:37 06 Aug 08

I have more than 30 Dell computers in my offices, including servers. I have always found their customer services and technical support response to be first class. I don't know where some folk get their opinions from, but some comments posted here are simply not true.
Do as crosstrainer suggests and hopefully you will get somewhere.

monkeyboy21 11:17 06 Aug 08

Having 30 computers by the same manufacturer will surely ensure a quicker response by any manufacturer than the home user who will only purchase 1 possibly every 3 years!

oldbeefer2 12:41 06 Aug 08

To avoid the dreaded 0870, there are some numbers here click here that may be of use.

AltF4 15:45 06 Aug 08

Sorry have to disagree with this :
"I don't know where some folk get their opinions from, but some comments posted here are simply not true."
I tried to buy a PC from Dell a year or so back. The wrong system unit was delivered. I could not get them organise the collection/redelivery. The Customer Services are shocking. They lie. They do not return calls. I just got pre-formatted emails back that added nothing to the situation - but a response had been made in N hours, so the SLAs look good.
In the end I cancelled the order. I will never go near the company again.
I appreciate everyones view will probably be different, but my opinion comes from personal experience.

Paul2008 15:50 06 Aug 08

Thanks for your feedback.
Paul2008

interzone55 16:59 06 Aug 08

Your personal feeling about Dell will depend entirely on your status as a customer.

If you're a Dell business customer, like me, you will have your own personal sales person (or team in my case because I buy desktops, laptops & servers) who will respond to your every need.

On the other hand, if you're a member of the public buying a single machine you're screwed if anything goes wrong with the sale.

Now Paul2008 - which version of Vista did you order when you asked for the XP Downgrade? The downgrade option is only available with Vista Business or Vista Ultimate. If you selected Home Premium the downgrade isn't applicable, so you'll get Vista installed instead of XP.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…