How about a DVD writer for £116.32?

Totally-braindead 19:32 08 Mar 03

Novatech are selling a NEC/Mitsubishi NEC ND1000a for £116.32, is this the cheapest DVD writer in the uk?

-pops- 06:24 09 Mar 03

It may be but, is it because it writes in a soon-to-be defunct system?

Someone wrote recently that M$ had decided on which DVD system they were to support. If this writer is the other system, this may explain the low cost.

Brian

Stuartli 13:19 09 Mar 03

Novatech's website lists this:

"ND1000A is new masterizzatore DVD+R produced from NEC, than with this unit it catches up excellent performances in writing, catching up the speed of 2.4X in modality DVD+R, 2.4X in modality DVD+RW, 16X in Cd-r modality and 10X in Cd-RW."

You would have thought that Novatech could have upgraded the Japanese's version of English...:-)

The price is given as £139.82 including VAT and that 193 are overdue.

crx16 13:45 09 Mar 03

you need to go into 'special offers' to see the £116 version. and DVD+R/RW is the format that the next MS OS will recognise as a big floppy disk.

brickie5 18:30 09 Mar 03

Bought one 6 wks ago found it to be exc.I use it with Roxio C.D.Creator.

madmax1968 11:44 10 Mar 03

There are 2 formats of DVD R. +r and -r sony has brought out a dvd unit that will copy both formats, maybe you should look into it more before deciding if it's a bargin or not. The sony one is about £250 but i think it all depends what you want to do with the writer i suppose. Does anyone know what the difference in the +r -r is?

sil_ver 12:54 10 Mar 03

About the same difference as Betamax and VHS. One is better but the other (-R) has cheaper media and at the moment seems ahead of +R. Personally I would pretend DVD writers don't exist for another 6 months as prices will surely drop and formats will sort themselves out. Who cares what MSoft supports, there are plenty of programmers out there who will come up with an answer.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac