Hotmail - A bit too quick.

Patr100 01:35 30 Sep 04

Ok, I know it's not the end of the world etc. You will be aware that Hotmail is to end integration with Outlook Express on it's free accounts.The reports I read were that exisitng account had until April 2005 to use it, upgrade or lump it.Seems not.
Having had my account for many years, well before Microsoft acquired Hotmail - I have now lost the Outlook Express option with the prompt that
"Access to Hotmail via Outlook and Outlook Express now requires a subscription. Please sign up at click here"

They only announced it yesterday and said."This change will begin 27 September for new users and become effective for all users worldwide in 2005 after extensive communications to our existing users."
click here

So where was the extensive communication? I can't even find a link to the £11 upgrade mentioned in the BBC report. The link to the Hotmail Plus upgrade is £14.99 and doesn't mention anything about Outlook integration.

It's probably a technical error but I'm not impressed.

Patr100 17:04 30 Sep 04

Well, it's seems to be back OK now. It was just all a bit sudden. Would have been even more so if I hadn't seen the news reports the other day.

Patr100 20:09 30 Sep 04

It just gone again.

Patr100 20:56 30 Sep 04

It now just come back. I won't bore you all with a running blow by blow commentary. Just wondered if anyone else had a similar experience.

Mr Mistoffelees 20:58 30 Sep 04

I think not. My partner and I have between us 6 Hotmail accounts. The first either of us new of the new charges was when I read about it in this very forum yesterday evening. I'm damned if we are going to pay £66 per month to continue to manage our accounts with Outlook Express.

Mr Mistoffelees 20:58 30 Sep 04

Or even £66 per year!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…