hot laptop...keeps crashing!

rach491 11:30 21 May 09

can anyone help me out here, my laptop over heats, and crashes at vital moments...its driving me mad,Im not that great with latops and diagnosing problems, can anyone help me and is it going to be expensive to fix? thankx

KateyG 11:52 21 May 09

Do you use it on a hard surface? or like most people your knee on a cushion or on your bed?

If its the latter, then it is more than likely to be the thermal mod overheating. Fibres get clogged in the fan preventing it from cooling the processor, causing the intermitant crashing.

The solution is to send it to me for repair and no it wont be expensive to fix. If you leave it and the mod burns out you could potentially lose all your data.

For more help call me on 0161 888 1232 or look at the website http:\\click here

tullie 12:58 21 May 09

We arent keen on spam.
If its overheating because its on a soft surface,and thats all there is to it,dont use it on a soft service.No need to send it of to anyone.Others will advise better.

birdface 21:40 21 May 09

If an HP laptop there has been a few problems over the last year.If HP which model.
There has also been a few problems with IE8 if you have downloaded that lately.

And yes ignore KateyG's advice.

MAT ALAN 21:57 21 May 09

The solution is to send it to me for repair and no it wont be expensive to fix. If you leave it and the mod burns out you could potentially lose all your data.

Hows that then when data is stored on a Hard drive with a million and one ways of recovery...

CRM have been repairing Laptops for the last 9 years in and out of warranty. We have repaired over 200,000 laptops and our record and customer services speaks for itself.

468 A WEEK HMMMMM!! and only 3 testimonials

MAT ALAN 22:00 21 May 09

OOOPS 4, must be working nights

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…