HOORAY for PC World...

KingRat 22:21 25 May 06

I bought a new PC from PC World 3 years ago, my thinking being that if it lasts 3 years without going wrong I will have been extremely lucky.
I'v only had one fault, the DVD wouldn't open so I took it to the shop. I waited an hour then the manager called me over and gave me the PC Base back. How much? I asked.
'Forget it mate, I'm leaving at the end of the month!!!!

However, each week I put just £3 into a tin. This means that after 3 years I have the grand total of £468 for a new computer. Not a lot of money but that's all I can afford. So try it, but NO TOUCHING!! lol

Arnie 01:00 26 May 06

have invested the money in an ISA account?
It would have been safer and gained some tax free interest.

Diodorus Siculus 06:56 26 May 06

[quote]£468 for a new computer[/quote]

These days, that will go a long way! It all depends on what you want from a PC...

Diodorus Siculus 06:57 26 May 06

The Dell Online Store: Build Your System
click here

for one example

Diodorus Siculus 06:59 26 May 06

And you can save another £60 by reducing the warranty...

KingRat 11:43 26 May 06

No it isn't a lot of money but as I'm bed ridden almose therefore live off the state that's all I can afford to put in.

If you can afford to save £10 a week then your'll have £1560.

It's down to what you can afford, and I can't afford much per week.

Anyway - it's just a thought!

Diodorus Siculus 11:58 26 May 06

I'm not knocking the amount- just showing what you can get for the money these days.

My current PC base unit was put together for less than that and it'll do all that I want from it...

KingRat 12:05 26 May 06

I never ever by warrantys. I used to years ago but whatever went wrong with the telly, kettle,stereo etcc etc is was always the one thing that was never covered. lol

When I bought my machine Iadmit I had a little help from mum, and so bought an e-machine 220. It's brilliant, and apart from upping the ram to 2gb done by a mate, it's never gone wrong. Anyone else got anything to say about e-machines?

oresome 16:26 26 May 06

My daughter purchased a e-machine from PC World 3 or 4 years ago.

It's doesn't get heavy use, but has never failed and is still going strong.

Despite all the threads on this forum regarding faulty equipment, I find most electronics to be very reliable.

Regarding PC World, you can't beat handing over the cash and collecting the goods there and then.

spuds 16:53 26 May 06

Regarding the e-machine from PC World. I was in one of their stores last Sunday, and someone was returning one of these computers with what looked like a letter from Mastercare. Very impressed by the store staff's action, they contacted the duty manager, and the person left the store with a brand new off the shelf product. No quibble at all, and he seemed very pleased.

ade.h 16:59 26 May 06

From my recent thread click here. Just shows what less than £500 can get these days.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Microsoft Surface Studio hands-on review: the iMac killer is here

Best Mac antivirus 2017