Home Plug recommendations.

muddypaws 20:15 10 Feb 11
Answered

I am planning to get a Home Plug adaptor such as click here
Does anyone one have any pros and cons for those on the link?
Thanks.

Proclaimer 21:17 10 Feb 11

I have the DEVOLO dLAN 200 AVpass Kit, I can't think of any 'cons' if you can afford the asking price. Very simple, very useful

muddypaws 22:22 10 Feb 11

Proclaimer
Thanks.

uk-wizard 05:50 11 Feb 11

Just think of the spectral pollution click here (bedtime reading) or hear click here if you are interested in radio.

The Kestrel 08:54 11 Feb 11

I have a pair of these homeplugs click here from ebuyer, though mine are white in colour. My wife's PC when wireless network had a poor strength signal and was unreliable. With the homeplugs, she now has a reliable and fast connection. I would definitely recommend these to you.

muddypaws 12:29 11 Feb 11

The Kestrel
Thanks.
I assume they are the £99 ones in my link.

Picklefactory 13:12 11 Feb 11

I have 4 of these click here
I initially bought them as I'd puchased a new TV with internet capability(Positioned d/stairs) and wanted a means of connecting them to my router which is upstairs. I also wanted to be able to connect my sons Xbox to the router, for Xbox Live. I initially had concerns as to whether the 85Mbs ones would be sufficient for Xbox, but no worries there, they work seamlessly. They couldn't be easier to set up either, literally just plug in and they connect. The only slight issue is that they are quite wide, fine if you are plugging directly to a wall socket, but if, like me, you place them in an extension block (They still work perfectly note) the sockets are a little closer together and you will not be able to plug anything in immediatley adjacent to them due to size, at least not with the brand of extension block I'm using.
I must say I've just got an issue with them all this week, but I've just installed a new router, so I don't think it is coincidence and I may need to investigate settings on the router, as the homeplugs have worked perfectly since I bought them about a year ago and I doubt that all 4 would suddenly fall over at once.
I would recommend them highly.

Marko797 13:18 11 Feb 11

I've had the devolo dLan wireless extender starter kit for a couple of years now. In short, it's superb & would highly recommend. Can get wi-fi anywhere in the house.

onthelimit 14:01 11 Feb 11

I have the lower speed ones at around £35 a pair. The speed is fine for all the usual surfing, but may struggle with some of the on-line gaming.

muddypaws 20:42 12 Feb 11

Picklefactory
Have ordered a pair of the 200's from eBuyer
Coming Monday.
Will let you know how I get on.

muddypaws 12:18 14 Feb 11

All,
Ordered Sat. evening delivered 11 am today, Monday, working by 1110 !!
I don't think I have ever had such an easy set up of anything before.
Took a chance and ignored the CD. Just plugged both in, connected ethernet cables and switched both on.
Less than 10 seconds up and running.
Playind HD quality OK at this time. Evenings will tell.
Hopefully no snags will manifest themselves.
So thank to all for the help.
mp.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5