Home Del Network.

GRIDD 20:36 15 Aug 08

I ordered a TV from a supplier and was told upto two weeks as it comes straight from the manufacturer.

24 hours later I get informed it's already at the HDN's depot. I assumed delivery would be imminent and called my local depot to enquire...

They said it's at their main hub and to try calling next week to see if it's been recieved locally. I'm surprised at this as I was charged for delivery, and this seems to a bit of a lax attitude.

GaT7 21:06 15 Aug 08

Not sure what the complaint is about exactly.

You paid for the item & agreed to the delivery costs at the time.

Was there an option to pick it up yourself from their local depot for free? If yes, I wouldn't be happy either. If no, I can't see any problem at all. G

spuds 21:23 15 Aug 08

Why not contact the supplier, and ask why the products is not available for faster delivery from the main hub!.

But having said that, I recall once when I made a furniture purchase direct from the manufacturer. Their transport arrangements were divided in each part of the country being serviced at certain times of the week/month. You missed one day, and the delivery could be the following week or two, depending on vehicle capacity and routing. Not convenient or practicable for the customer, more for the supplier!.

GRIDD 21:54 15 Aug 08

"Their transport arrangements were divided in each part of the country being serviced at certain times of the week/month. You missed one day, and the delivery could be the following week or two, depending on vehicle capacity and routing. Not convenient or practicable for the customer, more for the supplier!."

Thank you spuds, that must be it.

Crossbow7 I was asking basically why would the courier take so long to get it here. I'm not complaining per se, I agreed 2 weeks with the supplier. I took it from their wording on the order that it would take them two weeks to get it "from the manufacturer" and not for it to be dispatched within 36hrs and then spend upto 2 weeks in with the courier.

interzone55 22:11 15 Aug 08

Home Delivery Network is quite a small operation run as spuds suggested.

Companies use it for low cost, out of normal hours, deliveries.

Many of the drivers work part time, and deliver parcels to a smallish area using their own vehicles.

For something like a TV, you will probably have to wait until someone with a van is available.

Amazon used this service for a while for their free delivery option, but they seem to have gone back to using Royal Mail, at least in my area anyway

jack 14:30 16 Aug 08

Although HDN seems small it is not
As suggested the delivery folk are part timers using their own vehicles

It seems too that firms like DHL will 'Off 'some their way too.

I had either a Novatech or Morgan delivery that had
DHL labels all over - but it was a young woman in her Focus that delivered it
The JDWilliams group also use them too.

GRIDD 13:24 18 Aug 08

Well according to the website the telly has been delivered. I called HDN and they said it'll be out in a couple of days.

tullie 15:31 18 Aug 08

So whats the problem?

GRIDD 22:52 18 Aug 08

So what's the problem?

confusion as to where the TV is, disorganised as they don't appear to know what they're doing, misleading as I get a different answer each time I call.

GRIDD 11:55 21 Aug 08

TV arrived this morning with no warning, no promised phone call... lucky my boss changed my day off this week or I'd have missed it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…