Home accounting program with internet linkup

astral traveller 19:31 27 Apr 07

I'm looking to purchase a decent home accounts program. I know of Microsoft Money and Quicken but which is the best for downloading info straight from online accounts - or is there anything else that does it better?

oresome 19:44 27 Apr 07

I think Quicken have pulled out of the UK market, so if you are based here, not much choice.

astral traveller 17:26 28 Apr 07

It looks like it's Microsoft Money then!

Kate B 17:29 28 Apr 07

There's also Sage, Tesco Personal Finance and Accountz. Off the top of my head I can't remember which of those does download directly from online accounts. Or try Moneybox (written by my dad, has a band of fans here) click here. He says it scoops down info from online accounts, can't vouch for it though because *whispers* I don't use it.

wee eddie 17:31 28 Apr 07

Money '06 and @07 have not been configured for the UK market.

However 2005 is only £24 at Amazon.

How important is that Internet Linkage?

pj123 17:55 28 Apr 07

I use Moneybox (thanks to Kate B's dad) but only for my personal bank account. (I am retired now).

I used Quicken when I was self employed because my accountant used it.

I have never tried Quicken or Moneybox to download direct from my online bank statements.

I do, however, download statements in .csv format to an excel spreadsheet.

I just tried to copy/import an excel spreadsheet in to Moneybox. It doesn't like it. There is no Paste option and import throws up an error, but as I enter all transactions manually in to Moneybox it doesn't matter to me.

Kate B 19:16 28 Apr 07

pj123, drop Dad an email - if he hasn't already done work on that glitch I'm sure he'd like to hear about it. The email address is on the homepage that I linked to earlier.

astral traveller 09:06 29 Apr 07

Internet link up not to important just thought it would be handy to download statements and copy them straight into the program.
I've found a couple of other programs "Personal accounts" click here "You need a budget" click here does anyone have any experience of either of them? "You need a budget" seems interestingly different.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…