holly computers

kji613 19:01 08 Aug 03

anyone own a holly pc system and if so whats your verdict on them.i had ordered a systemax custom build from simply but after 10 days of no delivery date rang today to find out whats happening, to be told the motherboards are on order (should be in on mon?) the pc cases are on order(should be in mid next week?)and the cyber link software (i assume this is the power dvd) will be coming at the end aug. managing to keep my temper under control i ask the service rep to cancel my order to be asked if i would consider another type of motherboard (no mention of another type of case/software which i declined). checked my credit card and it has not been debited yet! its just as well i still have my existing pc.

Djohn 19:31 08 Aug 03

To be on the safe side give your card co. a phone call. Tell them you have cancelled, and that the co. has not yet made a request. The co. probably will not do so, but better to be on the safe side!! Regards. j.

kji613 20:12 08 Aug 03

thanks Djohn, did what you suggested so no nasty little surprises next statement date.

Wilham 21:02 08 Aug 03

Djon's advice is OK but only up to a point. Last year I tried it as a precaution,- I was told the card co. had a legal obligation to pay, under agreements with retailers etc.
Only action offered me was to cancel my card "...on the spot" The re-issue takes a week or so to be effective. I needed the card, so let it passs. I was fortunate, as it turned out.
This year I wanted to make sure a subscription I had stopped did not carry on.(Diff't firm) Rang card, ...same answer as last time, so I sent an email to card people, said so-and-so had no authority from me or my reps to claim any payment to so-and-so or their reps after (date). I drew att'n to the conditions/agreements under which the card had been issued to me,- and if any such related money was wrongly charged to my a/c then this email would be material to any complaint I would make to any adjudicator/ombudsman.
OK, OK,... it's heavy handed. ButI do get upset when I'm ripped off. In a way it gave me peace of mind especially when by return I had an acknowledgement of my email.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…