HMV.co.uk

JoE. 17:41 13 Dec 06

Recently did a bit of browsing on their site, found some items that I thought would make good Xmas presents, and ordered them - 4 DVDs, 3 of which were in a 3 for £15 offer, and a CD.
Waited for a few days, and over a period they began to arrive on my doormat (according to the site my order was posted on 2/12/06). Except for one DVD that is. So I waited a bit longer, still no luck. Then I checked my bank account online, and noticed an item 'Hmv Guernsy debit card refund' (or words to that effect) adding £5 to my account. I wouldn't mind all this and not hesitate in re-ordering the 'lost' DVD, but it costs £6.99 on its own, which I'm not prepared to pay for something I should have got for £5!
I was just wondering if this was common practice amongst online retailers; to refund you for goods that won't be delivered for whatever reason but not actually TELL you about it?

JoE :o)

Are you sure that the DVD is actually in stock. That is the only reason I can imagine that they would not send it in the first place and refund you the money. Would have been nice of them to inform you though as people that don't have internet banking wouldn't be able to tell until they received their statement.

If that's the case, when it does come into stock, give them a phone call and explain the situation and they might be able to sell you it for £5.

rezeeg 20:52 13 Dec 06

"wondering if this was common practice amongst online retailers; to refund you for goods that won't be delivered for whatever reason but not actually TELL you about it?"

JoE my experience of HMV (and other sites) is that I've not been charged until the items are dispatched.

JoE. 21:00 13 Dec 06

It seems that our experiences contrast.

Also a correction from my initial post, the DVD on its own costs £9.99.

click here;-1;-1;-1&sku=526105

It seems to me that it's in stock, so I'm still at a loss as to why the no-show.

JoE :o)

rezeeg 21:14 13 Dec 06

JoE, a quote from the HMV T&C

"The Contract Between Us

b. HMV must receive payment of the whole of the price for the goods that you order before your order can be accepted, and the contract formed. Payment is not taken until the point of despatch of the goods to you from our premises in Guernsey."

spuds 23:11 13 Dec 06

I think that you will find that they have a let out clause, regarding pricing and dispatch. But if they have taken funds for the item, then I would say that a contract as been accepted to supply the item, at the price agreed. Contact HMV, and see what they have to say.

I deal with 101cd, and I have never been charged before the item as been dispatched. Also on occasions the price of the item had increased, but they have still supplied the item for the price I wanted to pay via the original offer.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is ransomware and how do I protect my PC from WannaCry?

Disney layout supervisor Rob Dressel on the challenges of visualising Moana

Siri vs Google Assistant